WHO WE ARE
We are storytellers with a purpose. Mediaplanet creates useful content that educates our audience and positions our clients as solution providers. We are a one-stop shop for content creation and distribution, and the experts in turning interest into action. We started in Stockholm in 2002. Now we are in 16 offices across 15 countries on both sides of the Atlantic. We have more than a decade of experience creating cross platform content marketing campaigns, and offer solutions that fit nearly every industry, client and budget.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our finance team to be working with both our German and Austrian based offices. This is an all-round role encompassing all aspects of the financial process throughout the office, the first time the full accounting function will be fully taken care of in house. You will report directly to the Area Controller for these markets as well as working closely with both Managing Directors. Previous experience working within a finance department is essential , along with previous experience working with accounting software.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Producing financial statements including profit and loss accounts, monthly management accounts, cash flows, variance, analysis and commentaries
- Produce and post journals including accruals, prepayments, bank
- Responsible for whole AP function including invoice posting, payment runs and creditor management.
- Responsible for whole AR function including invoice creation, credit control and debtor management
- Ensure reconciliations are prepared and maintained for all balance sheet nominal accounts and key P&L accounts to ensure the accuracy of the monthly accounts process
- Run month end processes including intercompany balances and payroll
- Ad hoc reporting and assistance
FORMAL EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in finance or economics Part/Newly Qualified in recognised professional accountancy qualification - not essential
- Excellent communicator with the maturity to build effective confident working relationships (both internal and external)
- Strong Excel skills and good knowledge of other Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to work under pressure, to prioritise and work to tight deadlines ensuring competing demands are met.
- High attention to detail in driving a high standard of service delivery.
- Strong German and English communication skills – written and spoken