At Mediaplanet, we publish 20-25 niche digital & print campaigns on various topics. The campaigns are brought to life through story telling, and we are looking for a Web Editor to join our Production Team!
- Creation, uploading and editing of all digital campaigns. Must create interest for our campaigns and content through SEO-friendly headlines.
- Create keyword list around themes and sub-themes.
- Creation and updating of a digital production calendar based on the print production calendar.
- Creation, uploading and maintenance of our e-newsletters.
- Work with Mediaplanet’s IT Department of continued improvement of our sites
- Align the office efforts to the global, corporate look and feel of the company.
- Training of the sales team on digital matters, when needed.
- Continued input on development and innovation of our digital product.
What we're looking for in a candidate:
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with an understanding of the special requirements of writing for the Web, such as the use of keywords, hyperlinks, navigation and the importance of brevity.
- Strong organizational skills, able to prioritize and re-prioritize tasks as needed, and able to work under pressure and tight timelines.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams (sales team, management team).
- Strong attention to detail. The Web Editor must be able to tell when something is missing or off, and then figure out how to fix it.
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of Quebecois French is an asset.
Web skills & knowledge
- WordPress: Intermediate (required) to advanced (asset)
- HTML: Intermediate (required) to advanced (asset)
- CSS: Intermediate (required) to advanced (asset)
- SEO: Intermediate (required) to advanced (asset)
- Web readability best practices: Basic (required) to intermediate (asset)
- Web accessibility standards: Basic (required) to intermediate (asset)
- Google Sheets: Basic (required) to intermediate (asset)
- Google Docs: Basic
- Adobe Photoshop: Intermediate (required) to advanced (asset)
- Resizing images; the occasional collage; masking; saving
- Important: to know how to save images for web
- Adobe InDesign: Basic knowledge (required)
- Young and energetic office located between the financial and entertainment district.
- 15+ vacation days
- Standard benefits